These are some fantastic date ideas for dates for both married and dating couples that are old souls (and really everyone else too)! Check ’em out!
So here are the six date ideas:
1. Watch old movies together, not old like from the 90’s, really old like from the 40’s, 50’s, and early 1960’s when Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, and Audrey Hepburn were the stars! Filmmaking has come really far, but seeing the sweet romance of the 1960’s (like Breakfast at Tiffany’s) reminds me of a simple time in moviemaking and romancing!
2. Go for a nature walk out in a park or a bit outside of your town or city. The sweetness of being out in nature is good for old soul types who need to get in touch with their more down to earth side more often than other people. If you like you can turn it into a day hike or a picnic (see #3).
3. Have a picnic out in the park or in nature…or in your own backyard or living room even! Picnics are fun and simple meals, so you can focus more on conversation and spending time with your old soul sweetheart!4. Especially in the summer, try to go sit outside and enjoy the nice weather together (especially in the evenings after work, if possible). Play cards or talk about your day over drinks (adult drinks or just a nice glass of lemonade/iced tea/ etc). Sometimes the most simple things are the most connecting for old soul types.
5. If your old soul sweetheart loves books, then going to a library or a bookstore together are great date ideas too! The smell of musty old books is really attractive to some people (I am one of those people!) so if your sweetie is one of those people that loves old books, a bookstore date is perfect for him or her!
6. Cooking a meal together, especially one you haven’t made before, or taking a cooking class together can be really fun and bonding for old soul types who enjoy cooking or are foodies! Try a recipe that sounds good to both of you and just go for it! If it doesn’t turn out perfect, so what? It is a learning experience and a fun time together for the two of you.
Bonus ideas: I know I said this was a six item list, but a couple bonus ideas include learning to play a board game together or learn a new language or hobby together (such as DIY home projects).
The most important thing for most old souls is to spend time with you and also to bond over a fun activity or interesting conversation. Learning something new together is a great way to deepen your relationship bond too. Have a great week and see you next time!